At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
North America Breeding Intern
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, North America (NA) Breeding Intern, are to:
- Be responsible to characterize floral traits in Filer, ID and analyze data to improve germplasm knowledge for breeding decisions;
- Support engineering innovations testing and other necessary activities in the hybrid make up nursery.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Biological Sciences, Plant Sciences, Biological Systems Engineering, Engineering, Environmental Science/Studies or another relevant technical field;
- Have attained minimum of Junior standing in undergraduate program;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to interact with team members at various levels in a professional manner;
- Demonstration of problem solving, planning and time management skills;
- Capability to learn quickly and a willingness to ask questions;
- Willing to work "hands on" with plants, technology, and machinery;
- Proficiency in the creation of technical documentation.
- Degree in Plant Sciences, Biological Systems Engineering, Optical Sciences, or Data Science;
- Experience or familiarity with scientific methods;
- Experience with field and lab research;
- Experience with automated greenhouse systems, sensors, imaging technologies, data science, automation, greenhouses, controlled environments, life support systems, precision agriculture, and/or plant sciences;
- Proficiency in usage of IT and analytics tools and their application in field and greenhouse research;
- Self-starter, analytical and goal oriented.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Filer || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||496887 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |