At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Molecular & Lab Workflow Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Molecular and Lab Workflow Lead, are to:
- Lead the current logistical IT pipeline and data operations for enterprise and local IT Vegetable Research and Development (R&D) genotyping and phenotyping workflows, including business workflow adoption and process improvement;
- Design and drive the lab and molecular digital operations in collaboration with key Vegetable R&D Stakeholders, Vegetable IT Strategy and Row-Crop partners;
- Operate a global digital pipeline supporting regional and local site labs;
- Drive digital and data process improvement;
- Drive the data, IT workflows and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the phenotypic, genotypic and material production lab workflows;
- Enable FAIR data practices and data driven decisions, by driving the best vegetable product advancement through management of data workflows and the digital portfolio;
- Develop digital deployment plans including user-acceptance-testing, final development, launch, adoption and maintenance;
- Drive proactive, timely and consistent messaging for coordinated global digital deployments across Vegetable R&D using standardized project and change management methods;
- Lead end-to-end awareness of the best digital methodologies and technologies in all genotypic, phenotypic and material production lab workflows, enabling pipeline effectiveness.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ph.D. and at least four years’ experience, Master of Science and at least eight years’ experience, Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years’ experience in plant breeding, agriculture, life sciences, bioinformatics, biochemistry, genetics, biology, or a related discipline;
- At least three years Leadership or Influence Experience with proven change management and results;
- Leader by Influence with future vision to enact change;
- Subject Matter Expert in Lab with desired Breeding and/or Agronomic workflows;
- Translate business process into seamless IT workflows;
- Lead and drives change through connectedness and collaboration;
- Demonstrated data management skills;
- Advocate for improved digital and FAIR data workflows;
- Excellent written and oral communication;
- Complete proficiency in English with ability to coordinate and clearly communicate information between technical IT teams, scientists and business stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to collaborate, problem solve and enact business solutions effectively with international and interdisciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated project and team leadership and influence skills that develop trusting partnerships with cross-functional teams;
- Familiarity with the relevant industry trends;
- General understanding of IT areas such as relational databases, platform-as-a-service, stream processing, machine learning and data science;
- Successful participation in Agile design process for IT solutions;
- Business project management experience;
- Change management experience using a formal method such as PROCI – ADKAR;
- Supports and administers Human Resources (HR) policies with oversight of group manager.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||616469 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |