At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Microbial Curation Scientist I (Biologics Technology - Microbial Research Technology)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Microbial Curation Scientist I (Biologics Technology - Microbial Research), are to:
- Work on streamlined management and tracking isolate collections(s) at the West Sacramento site;
- Liaise with other key departments, legal, CLS, HSE, Logistics, etc. to ensure isolate access, use, and movement are in-line with protocol, ensuring all documentation associated with strains and their movement within and outside of the organization are properly managed;
- May lead and supervise lab staff in strain curation activities, ensuring all internal and external requests for research material/isolates are executed in an efficient manner;
- Lead sub-team of automation SMEs on CapEx planning for West Sacramento site to ensure short-term and long-term success of automation platform use;
- Jointly attend Computational Life Science and own team meetings to ensure good communication and collaboration between teams:
- Assist in data engineering tasks as they relate to strain curation activities including convey user requirements to LIMS development team;
- Be a subject matter expert for respective role when evaluating new initiatives to build strain collection including evaluate equipment and technologies as they pertain to isolate management and automation;
- Be a subject matter expert and main power user for customized automation used to manage microbial strain collection;
- Plan and execute activities, working with cross functional teams to execute goals;
- Provide expertise and people leadership in microbial curation allowing for the efficient, strategic, and long-term sustainable management of the Biologics strain collection.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Master of Science with at least 2 years of relevant experience OR PhD with at least 1 year of relevant experience;
- Strong understanding of bacterial culture especially of soil borne organisms used for research in plant health and crop protection;
- Advanced understanding of good microbiological practice and culturing fastidious microorganisms in high throughout/automation formats;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills are essential as well as good oral and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership and ability to lead a team of technicians, contractors, and/or research associates;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in work priorities.
- Subject matter expert with advanced understanding of specialized laboratory equipment and automation required for the maintenance, propagation, and preservation of a genetically diverse strain collection.
Position based in West Sacramento, CA
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||West Sacramento || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||501021 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |