At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Maintenance Technician I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role as a Maintenance Technician I, you will be a key member of our team at the Bayer Marana site. You will be responsible for ensuring that the equipment, machinery, fixtures, and control systems of the physical plant and structures on the Biologics Facility are kept in a safe, well-maintained, and ready to use condition. Your primary responsibilities as a Maintenance Technician I are to:
- Perform assigned work orders, tasks, repairs, maintenance, and services per Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) with minimal supervision in a timely, efficient, and professional manner;
- Utilize CMMS to create and manage work orders and maintain accurate and timely records and logs;
- Read, understand, and follow technical service manuals, records, and other related documentation;
- Perform preventative maintenance to include filter changes, misting nozzle cleaning, greasing conveyor bearings, equipment inspections, etc.;
- Maintain and repair electrical circuits up to 480 volts, including replacement or adjustment of circuit wiring, switches, motors, relays, and other devices;
- Perform plumbing maintenance and repair associated with potable or irrigation water systems, including fixtures and supply, drain and vent pipes, and related systems;
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and diagnose equipment and facilities Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, and mechanical systems for proper operation and working condition and correct faults as needed;
- Report serious problems to the senior technicians and leadership;
- Collaborate to develop solutions to the problem conditions;
- Support site management policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions, and other site related documents;
- Adhere to company and site Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety requirements, Quality Assurance, Quality Control (QA/QC) standards, compliance standards, and related training;
- Perform elevated work on ladders, roofs, and lift equipment;
- Keep tools, safety devices, and equipment in a safe, fit, and ready to use condition;
- Assist in the preparation of key process documentation (procedures, meter readings, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics, etc.);
- Develop a sense of ownership through partnerships with internal customers;
- Engage in continuous improvement programs. Identify opportunities to improve performance in accordance with the production site and company goals;
- Write and establish goals, be accountable for own development;
- Perform basic housekeeping, keeping work area in a neat condition;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 60 pounds;
- Work in and outdoors, walk on uneven surfaces, and perform elevated work;
- Ability to gain and maintain certification to safely operate a forklift and various types of lift equipment such as man lift, scissor lift, etc.;
- Ability to work effectively alone, with people individually, or in a team to achieve results;
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting, repairs, adjustments, and modifications on plant equipment and systems;
- Ability to read procedures, blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, and other technical materials;
- Basic knowledge of the design, operation, and repair of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment and systems;
- Basic knowledge of industrial electricity, including single and three-phase power systems;
- Basic familiarity with building codes, electrical codes, and fire codes;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to interface with a wide range of colleagues;
- Basic skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Associate’s degree in Heating, Ventilation or Air Conditioning (HVAC), electronics or industrial maintenance, or a closely related discipline;
- Work experience in facilities and maintenance;
- Elevated work and fall protection experience;
- Apprenticeship certificate in one or more trades;
- Lift operation experience;
- Basic knowledge of technology.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Tucson || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||619661 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |