At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Lab Ops Mgr
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Laboratory Operations Manager , are to:
- Promote inclusion while developing employees to increase skills and facilitate professional growth;
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide feedback and coaching on an ongoing basis;
- Set daily operational direction for the work team;
- Manage the work team’s resource needs including partnering with contingent labor vendors;
- Model, promote and maintain a safe work environment that follows established ESH procedures;
- Be accountable for meeting performance goals and targets within the work team;
- Guide the team to develop and track key performance indicators and hold the team accountable to the targets;
- Network with a highly diverse global stakeholder and customer base;
- Model and promote a customer focused culture within the team;
- Partner with the work team and Quality Testing technical experts to implement new innovations in the areas of automation, genetics and engineering;
- Assure consistency, reliability and credibility of data and participate in standardization efforts across global laboratories;
- Ensure benchmark strategies and procedures (i.e. proficiency testing, analyst training, daily controls) are followed and corrective measures are taken;
- Manage, evaluate and perform periodic audits of external laboratory suppliers to ensure consistent and high-quality standards of outside services.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological, agricultural or business related field;
- At least two years of experience supervising a team;
- Ability to be agile and work within a fast-paced global and multi-cultural environment;
- At least five years of experience in a high output laboratory or production environment;
- Adept at team troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Knowledge of or interest in process improvement tools such as Lean Six Sigma;
- Experience in working with cross functional teams and development of business strategies;
- Business software knowledge (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Waterman || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||504041 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |