At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
IPM Associate II
We are currently offering a $2500 sign-on bonus and $50,000 relocation allowance (when relocation is needed) to any new IPM Associate II hires that have accepted an offer to join Bayer by 9/30/2022!
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Integrated Pest Management Associate II, are to:
- Collaborate with team members across sites and business functions on best practices, continuous improvement opportunities and production challenges;
- Demonstrate understanding and expertise of pesticide related programs such as WPS, RCRA, FIFRA;
- Operate and train others on operation of agricultural equipment including but not limited to tractors, pesticide application equipment, mobile applications, etc.;
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, mechanical and preventative maintenance on field equipment and their operating systems as well as digital systems, complete equipment calibrations;
- Execute safely pesticide applications as prescribed by IPM Manager and Agronomists;
- Be responsible for timely communication of required pesticide application information in accordance with Federal and State regulatory and internal standards;
- Adhere to the requirements of the programs related to integrated pest management on site;
- Lead training activities around IPM tasks and workflows on site and across sites including but not limited to JSA documents, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), hands on trainings for scouting, WPS Worker and Handler trainings, and other safety trainings;
- Manage physical and digital product inventory by forecasting supply needs, maintaining records, inventory tracking, following waste management practices and maintaining proper storage of physical inventory;
- Collect notes on pest pressures and agronomic challenges through routine scouting and maintain records of field notes in data management systems;
- Assist in scheduling IPM work orders, including pesticide applications;
- Review, update and comply with internal procedures including Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice Documents;
- Adhere to Bayer's Health Safety Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards and State and Federal Regulations including but not limited to all Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and WPS requirements;
- Use data platforms to complete required activities (e.g. Agsync, AgriSite, ChemWatch);
- Participate in committees and project teams related to internal state wide IPM, Health Safety and Environment (HSE) and agronomy programs, and identify process enhancements and solutions;
- Support all aspects of production including planting, harvest, land prep, irrigation and crop protection activities as needed.
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent with a at least eight years of relevant experience;
- Valid Driver’s License: Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.;
- Hold, maintain and actively use valid Hawaii Department of Agriculture Private Pesticide Applicator's license/certification OR ability to obtain such license within 90 days from hire;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks;
- Proficient operation of computers and mobile devices;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to listen;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Microsoft Office, mobile apps, data base platforms);
- Ability to work without direct supervision in a diverse team environment;
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy, Life Sciences or related field;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research or production environment.
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Experience with seed industry;
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams;
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
Domestic Relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Kunia || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||457547 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |