At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
IPM Associate I
We are currently offering a $2500 sign-on bonus and $50,000 relocation allowance (when relocation is needed) to any new IPM Associate I hires!
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position’s primary location is Kunia, HI and will also support the Haleiwa, HI site as needed. The primary responsibilities of this role, IPM Associate I, are to:
- Build network and relationships within the IPM teams to establish rapport and engage in continuous improvement opportunities;
- Demonstrate knowledge of pesticide related programs such as WPS, RCRA, FIFRA;
- Operate equipment including but not limited to pesticide application equipment and greenhouse automation;
- Perform basic troubleshooting, mechanical and preventative maintenance on greenhouse equipment and their operating systems as well as digital systems;
- Safely execute pesticide applications as prescribed by IPM Lead/Manager;
- Be responsible for timely communication of required pesticide application information in accordance with Federal and State regulatory and internal standards;
- Adhere to the requirements of the programs related to integrated pest management on site;
- Complete and support trainings on SOPs, safety trainings, equipment operation/maintenance and compliance programs;
- Maintain accurate physical and digital inventory records and proper storage of physical inventory and waste;
- Collect notes on pest pressures and agronomic challenges through routine scouting and maintain records of greenhouse notes in data management systems;
- Adhere to Bayer's Health Safety Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards and State and Federal Regulations including but not limited to all OSHA and WPS requirements;
- Use data platforms to complete required activities (e.g. Enterprise-level data collection and greenhouse control systems);
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or GED and relevant experience;
- Valid Driver’s License: Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Have or have the ability to obtain a Valid Hawaii Department of Agriculture Private Pesticide Applicator's license/certification within 90 days from date of hire;
- Hold, maintain and actively use valid Private Pesticide Applicator's license/certification throughout the duration of the role;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Proficient operation of computers and mobile devices;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and/or software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the ability to listen;
- Basic knowledge of IT (Internet, Microsoft Office, mobile apps, data base platforms);
- Ability to work without direct supervision in a diverse team environment;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Bachelor’s in Science degree in Agronomy, Life Sciences or related field;
- Four years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural/greenhouse equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research or production environment;
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams;
- Good mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
Domestic Relocation may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Haleiwa|Kunia || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||793047 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |