At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Field Testing Intern
This position is responsible for executing complex field studies for corn and soybean within the Bayer network to deliver safety data and plant sample production for food/feed risk assessments for global use and driving innovation for Regulatory Science field programs.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Hold accountability for executing field studies to generate safety data including grain and plant sample production for corn and soybean within the Bayer internal field network for the seed and trait portfolio.
- Responsible for executing method development trials that will be executed globally.
- Responsible for innovating field design solutions for unique complex regulatory issues by collaborating with Regulatory scientists, Breeding scientists, and Field Solutions scientists.
- Ensure consistency and efficiency of studies by responding rapidly to existing and emerging changes through innovative solutions, altered work practices and policy documents.
- Drive process improvement for complex technical operations and processes.
- Execute project plans, customer requests, and works with all relevant stakeholders to look for optimal solutions with respect to scientific relevance, resource needs and timelines.
- Ensure compliance with BCS safety, BioSafety and stewardship standards and traceability through appropriate quality management and information systems.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in agriculture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crop growth and agronomic principles is required. Previous soybean and/or field research experience is highly preferred.
- Ability to obtain applicable state pesticide license.
- Ability to solve technical problems and to initiate improvements in working practice.
- Oral and written communications skills; ability to interact with internal and external clients, across geographies and cultures, and the development of solid internal and external network contacts.
- Skillset to ensure project plans and status are transparent and that risks, issues, and results are clear to all involved parties.
- Executes responsibilities with knowledge, accuracy, persistence, resilience, and creativity seeking to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to drive a company vehicle with approximately 10% overnight travel.
This position is offered onsite at the following work locations: Huxley, IA | Mason, MI | Evansville, IN.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Evansville|Mason|Huxley || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||799920 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |