The Field Sales Trainee (FSRT) role is a full-time opportunity focused on training, personal development, and support of a sales territory and team. FSRTs will gain the skills and knowledge needed to manage a sales territory of their own when the training period concludes, typically after 8-12 months in the Field Sales Trainee role.
Field Sales Trainees will be placed on either a Seeds & Traits or Crop Protection sales team and paired with a mentor to provide day-to-day learning, feedback, and coaching. This position will be located in a sales territory in the US, reporting to our Field Sales Trainee & Intern Lead.
Field Sales Trainees are responsible for contributing to the success of their sales team, including growing market share and creating demand for Bayer products with farmer customers and dealer partners. Field Sales Trainees will belong to a cohort of other Field Sales Trainees with the same start date and role responsibilities.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work alongside a mentor within a sales team to understand and support the sales of Bayer’s portfolio, focusing on either Seeds & Traits or Crop Protection;
- Serve as the main point of contact for a subset of dealers within assigned sales territory and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Develop relationships with farmer customers and dealer partners to learn how to effectively identify and meet their needs;
- Show initiative and improvement in developing skills in sales, agronomy, business acumen, and product & portfolio knowledge;
- Learn and develop confidence in the sales process and cold calling;
- Focus on and develop in the following core competency areas:
- Customer Centricity, Product Portfolio and Agronomic Knowledge, Channel Management, Data Analytics and Digital Tools, and Sales Coaching
- Collaborate with teammates and peers to maximize services and sales to top famer customers and dealer partners, whileserving as a knowledgeable business consultant;
- Following the guidance of their assigned mentor, FSRTs will contribute to the success of their sales team, including:
- Grow market share of Bayer products in coordination with teammates and peers
- Implement dealer business plans and account management activities
- Understand product performance versus the competition
- Contribute to program execution and program fulfillment, including national and regional marketing initiatives
- Effectively manage expenses and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, and administration
- Travel approximately 60% within assigned sales territory and team geography (company vehicle provided)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- No prior years of experience required;
- Passionate about sales and the Agricultural industry;
- Sales experience, agronomic knowledge, and business knowledge preferred;
- Highly coachable with the ability to receive and act upon feedback;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and takes initiative to meet goals with minimal supervision;
- Proven leader and problem-solver;
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage time effectively;
- Willingness and ability to relocate for the role, typically in a rural area;
- Ability to travel/drive throughout sales territorydaily (company vehicle provided);
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s risk screening for hiring drivers;
- Ability to lift a 60-pound bag of seed
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||797090 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |