At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Field Sales Representative I - Crop Protection - Central Nebraska
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for our crop protection team, you will be a trusted advisor that develops Bayer's retail and customer focused business in Central Nebraska, including the following counties Sherman, Buffalo, Howard, Hold, Nance, Platte, and Hamilton. You will implement sales initiatives with the intent of achieving or exceeding financial targets. This will report to the local Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative I - Crop Protection - Central Nebraska, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod-mates (other Bayer commercial employees in the same geography);
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealers and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product, technical and agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate Field Sales Representatives (FSRs), Customer Business Advisors (CBAs) and Bayer Agronomists (TAs), and Technology Development Representatives (TDR), to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Manage inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure the success of meeting business objectives;
- Understand and analyze the local market and competitive information;
- Follow set strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned areas;
- Manage expenses, discretionary dollars, and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in expanding selling skills and product portfolio knowledge;
- Partner with pod-mates to ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment; including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Partner with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as a knowledgeable business consultant for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration, and resource management;
- Travel approximately 60%, primarily day travel in the listed geography);
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait, and chemistry within the territory;
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least one year of experience in Sales, marketing, account management or agriculture, or other education level and at least five years of listed experience;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing, and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willing to travel and live or work in a rural environment;
- Interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork;
- Position requires a drive for the company, that may fall under DOT or FMCSA jurisdiction, this may entail the hauling of trailers, products, supplies, or equipment in a safe manner;
- Ability to pass a driving record background check, (i.e., moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- Demonstrated product, portfolio, and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||630244 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |