At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Field Sales Representative I - Channel - North Central Ohio
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Field Sales Representative for Channel Seed you will be responsible for leveraging independent Channel Seedsman dealers to grow the market share of Bayer's Seed & Trait business in North Central Ohio including the following counties; Ashland, Richland, Crawford, Wyandot, Hancock, Seneca, Huron, Lorain, Erie, Sandusky, Ottawa, and Wood. In this position, you will create demand for Bayer Seed & Trait products by supporting our exclusive Channel Dealers (Seedsmen). This role will report to the local Area Business Manager.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Sales Representative I, are to:
- Achieve assigned targets with Bayer products in coordination with pod mates;
- Develop and implement dealer business plans, manage forecasting proactively, inventory management and product line demand issues, set the business direction, and coordinate follow-ups with dealers;
- Serve as the key business consultant to retailers and dealer and effectively sell the value of Bayer Crop Science products;
- Demonstrate proof of product performance against the competition by being the champion of Bayer brands and product/technical/agronomic knowledge;
- Collaborate with pod-mate FSRs, CBAs and Bayer Agronomists and Technology Development Representatives (TDR) to maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers and key customer accounts;
- Actively manage inventory concerns as appropriate to ensure success of meeting business objectives;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Utilize data to make key decisions to drive the business;
- Follow set strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Effectively manage expenses, discretionary dollars and program payments per Bayer Crop Science policy;
- Show initiative in expanding selling skills and product/portfolio knowledge;
- Ensure achievement of program execution and program fulfillment, including national/regional marketing initiatives;
- Successfully partner with pod-mate FSRs/CBAs and manage the relationship with top growers and retailers;
- Act as the business expert for top growers and retailers, while planning for customer business needs;
- Act as mentor to FSR interns, Trainees, or more junior FSRs as requested by leadership;
- Manage area claims per Bayer Crop Science policy and process through effective problem solving, execution, administration and resource management;
- Travel approximately 60% of work time;
- Grow market share of Crop Protection/Seed and Trait business and create demand for seed growth, seed and trait, and chemistry within territory.
- Position requires driving for the company that may fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- At least one year of experience in Sales, marketing, account management or agriculture;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral and written);
- Demonstrated initiative, assertiveness, and ability to drive results;
- Strong business acumen, account planning, influencing and critical thinking skills;
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency;
- Proven ability to multi-task in a rapid-paced and matrixed environment;
- Strong computer and presentation skills (proficiencies in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Demonstrated digital acumen and ability to analyze data to influence decisions;
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment;
- Proven interest in supporting collaboration and teamwork within a pod structure;
- Ability to pass driving record background check (i.e. moving violations, accidents, License suspension, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Demonstrated product, portfolio and agronomic knowledge.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||527243 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |