At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Field Crew Member I
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Field Crew Member I, are to:
- Perform under supervision in all functions of the farm, in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) which include seed production activities in Nursery, Manufacturing, and maintenance settings, this includes activities such as field preparation, planting, cultivating, pollinating, harvesting, seed processing, crop protection, field purity and irrigation/fertigation, etc.;
- Follow daily direction and work priorities from Field Crew Leads, Field Crew Assistants and Seed Technicians;
- Demonstrate teamwork by completing quality tasks through daily communication and coordination with other crew and supervisors;
- Participate actively in Bayer’s safety program by adhering to all safety policies and training;
- Report issues that may affect quality of products to supervisors;
- Collect and enter data using agriculture technologies;
- Operate agriculture equipment, which may include but is not limited to tractors, harvesters, shellers, sprayers, and irrigation equipment as applicable;
- Assist in other projects and duties as required or assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, both verbally and written;
- Ability to learn applicable technology, to include (but not limited to) handheld devices and desktop computers;
- Ability to function both individually and as a member of a team;
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours per week) with ability to meet overtime demands including occasional shift work, weekends, and holidays;
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas including the seed processing facility, fields, and/or warehouse environment;
- Frequent walking and standing on flat and uneven surfaces, this can include frequent work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions;
- Ability to climb ladders and occasionally perform elevated work;
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 40 - 50 pounds regularly;
- Availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Valid Hawaii driver’s license;
- Ability to operate machinery and agriculture equipment;
- Effective verbal communication in English.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Kihei || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||645704 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |