YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, External Manufacturing Representative, are to:
- Report to the Environmental Science Commercialization Team Lead and may, independent of the Contract functions, participate on or lead teams and/or initiatives/projects as assigned;
- Coordinate the industrial operation aspects of formulating and/or packaging Bayer Environmental Science products at contract/toll facilities in the NA region, this could include products and toll-services for the CropScience and BioScience business groups;
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out the strategic and tactical activities and tasks that are required to successfully support and complete contract/toll formulation and packaging assignments;
- Support and participate in the identification, solicitate, and coordinate of new business opportunities for Bayer Environmental Science facilities by marketing and facilitating internal manufacturing services to third parties;
- Provide technical support/expertise to, and often leads, teams and projects/initiatives at the intradepartmental, process, facility, business group and organizational levels;
- Work to establish and improve communications, technology transfers, and business processes between Bayer Environmental Science personnel and facilities;
- Possess good business acumen and various negotiation skills/techniques as they relate to the establishment of supplier and customer relationships.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelors degree in a scientific/technical discipline and at least five years industrial experience with pesticide formulations and fill and packaging operations, or extensive applicable experience with at least 10 years of experience;
- Effectively conduct business while travelling and be able to accommodate significant amounts of travel, frequently on short notice;
- Ability to understand the application of a wide variety of technical, regulatory, procedural, and logistical controls as they relate to contract/toll formulation and packaging; including knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), EPA, RCRA, FIFRA, DOT, and other regulatory agencies that control and direct the manufacture, transportation, distribution, and waste management aspects of pesticide formulations;
- Possess supervisory competence adequate to effectively direct the operations at contact/toll facilities;
- Some understanding of applied quality assurance/control processes including analytical testing, lab validation, sampling techniques, and statistical process control.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based|Cary || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||560734 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |