At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Electrical Specialist, are to:
- Support site infrastructure and capital projects including construction/commissioning;
- Continuously maintain electrical systems with the objective to improve system reliability, performance, and efficiency;
- Perform electrical infrastructure assessments and electrical equipment repairs;
- Provide input and assistance developing and revising maintenance Standard Operation Practices (SOPs) and JSAs;
- Demonstrate ability to understand and use the following, VOM (Volt Ohm Meter), Megger, Ammeter, low and medium voltage AC and DC electrical systems, generators, batteries, UPS systems, solar installations, inverters, and battery chargers, electronic variable speed drives, bonding and grounding;
- Troubleshoot and repair of Shop Instrumentation, Analytical Instruments, Power Distribution, Utility Systems, Packaging and Robotic Equipment, HVAC and Building Automation Systems;
- Maintain records of repair and maintenance of electrical equipment to meet OSHA and company standards and guidelines;
- Actively participate in ESH safety programs along with being able to actively identify and resolve hazards across the site while observing all company work and safety practices.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School diploma or GED;
- At least five years of experience in Industrial and/or Electrical maintenance;
- At least three years of experience in at least two of the following areas, Industrial Instrumentation or Industrial Electrical, Installation, maintenance, and calibration of analyzer systems, Distributed Controls Systems (DCS) or Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Applicable Military experience, Vocational/technical training in Industrial Instrumentation or Industrial Electrical Maintenance;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of safe tool use and shop practices;
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a variety of partners;
- Experience with the operation of lifting and rigging equipment;
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards and codes including local, state, and federal requirements;
- Proficiency in CMMS/EAM software programs to facilitate maintenance record keeping, e.g. SAP or Maintenance Connection;
- Have valid Hawaii Electrician License;
- Shift Times Mon - Fri 07:30 AM - 3:30 PM Hawaii Time;
- Have flexibility to work weekends periodically.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Kunia || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||496800 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |