At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where 'Health for all Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Data Science Co-op
This is a six-month Summer 2024 Co-op at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Innovation Center that contributes to the advancement of Crop Science initiatives at Bayer.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Build and validate predictive models incorporating key breeding data, soil, weather, and environmental data
- Demonstrate the application of the models and deploy them to stakeholders
- Contribute to positive team culture and work ethos based on Bayer LIFE values
- Support the Health, Safety, and Environment, Compliance, Business Conduct, and Human Rights policies and culture
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of Illinois-Champaign Urbana pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, or Computational Biology.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, SQL, Java or Linux.
- Problem solving ability and experience in analyzing and presenting complex data.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong business aptitude, the ability to rapidly learn new problem domains, and become conversant in the domain with subject matter experts.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Detail and results oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to actively engage with internal partners and external collaborators to align strategies and success measures in analytics.
- Able to work 40 hours per week.
Desired Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Project dependent.
- Data visualization (Tableau, power BI, Spotfire)
- Willingness to extend own data science and statistical interests to agriculture and/or experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning and Statistics algorithms and concepts (Mixed Models, Random Forest, Deep Learning, SVM, etc.).
- Experience with cloud computing such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience in Agronomy, Biology, or Crop Science.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|Bayer is an E-Verify Employer. || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Champaign || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||800895 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |