At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Data Science & Engineering Lead
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science and Engineering Lead, are to:
- As part of the Bayer Crop Science’s Biologics Data Science organization, this role will shape the digital strategy for Bayer Biologics new open innovation model with focus on early product development and 3rd party assessment of biological solutions.
- The Data Science and Engineering team in is responsible for data capture, integration, design and operationalization of data pipelines for high-throughput, high-value assays which feed our Biologics product development pipeline in St Louis and Monheim.
- Lead a global team of 3-4 digital roles responsible for developing and implementing strategies to automate and optimize data analytics processes for Biologics product development;
- Deliver genomics and data science capabilities and partnerships needed for biosafety and early product development;
- Create foundational tools that accelerate the scientific process;
- Create structured, accessible, discoverable data to empower analytics;
- Develop and deliver strategies that create the foundations of a scientific computing platform;
- Set technical and organizational vision and strategy for cross-organizational initiatives enabling business capabilities in data strategy, IT asset development, data science, and analytics;
- Partner with technical and people leads across Biologics, Plant Biotechnology, Field Solutions and IT to develop and deliver strategies for data integration and engineering that supports the Biologics Data Science team;
- Drive digital fluency within and across Biologics organization;
- Actively participate as a member of the Biologics Data Science Leadership Team and Biologics Extended Leadership Team to influence the culture and future vision of the Biologics organization and key initiatives;
- Develop and deliver data products in line with Biologics long range plan and ensure data asset strategy is aligned with Research and Development (R&D) strategy;
- Develop IT capital projects in partnership with R&D IT to support LIMS strategy.
- This role will be located in Chesterfield, MO (St. Louis Metropolitan Area). Relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
- Visa sponsorship may be offered for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have one of the following;
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 14 years of experience; OR
- Master’s degree with at least 12 years of experience; OR
- Ph.D. with at least 8 years in statistics, data science or other relevant field;
- People leadership experience in complex research organizations and in development of applied, sustainable analytics applications;
- Knowledge of modern of IT development practices and ability to drive culture change in line with established best practices of IT development;
- Skilled in project management, strategic thinking and change management;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||530581 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |