At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Crop Protection Agronomist / CP Technology Development Rep II - Indiana & Ohio
Bayer Crop Science Market Development is looking for a talented Crop Protection Field Agronomist / Crop ProtectionTechnology Development Rep II, for Indiana and Ohio.
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU
In this role, you will utilize your expertise in applied field research and agronomic science to provide technical leadership in the southern Indiana and Ohio geography. You will be a key contributor in the assessment and positioning of late phase products and launches for crop protection products for Indiana and Ohio and provide knowledge transfer, demonstration, and education of the product and system recommendations to the Agronomy and Sales organization to optimize performance in North America Row Crops.
This role is comprompised of 2 main categories:
- Field Research: approximately 50% external colaborator research and 50% internal protocol research
- Technical Sales Support
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
This is an opportunity to work in an environment where your ideas are heard, and you’re encouraged to grow personally and professionally.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus, and a full benefit package including:
- Generous insurance FROM DAY ONE (including 3 medical insurance package options, vision, dental & life insurance).
- 16 paid holidays
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 16 hours volunteer time
- 401k match & additional core contribution each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Adoption and IVF assistance
- Parental Leave
Domestic relocation assistance is offered with this role.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor of Science in agriculture or related discipline with at least seven years of experience in agronomy, sales, field development or R&D related roles; or Master of Science with at least five years of experience; or Ph.D. with at least two years of experience in Agriculture or related discipline;
- Strong understanding of crop protection and basic understanding of germplasm & traits in the assigned geography;
- Makes recommendations on agronomic components & systems;
- Strong technical & sales support (local influence);
- Obtain and maintain a pesticide applicator certification in the state(s) within the territory;
- Proficient in operating & maintaining small plot equipment including tractors, sprayers, hand-booms;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs (a bag of seed);
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed (i.e., moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.) and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk?Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In?addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving?experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
- Master's and/or PhD
- Degree discipline in weed science, or related field.
MORE ABOUT YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage actively in the assigned Protocol Delivery Team (PDT) led by Technology Development Managers (TDM) for developing national protocols;
- Apply marketplace knowledge to facilitate the Local Technical Team (LTT) in the development of regional protocols;
- Apply recommendations from statistician on trial design to meet protocol objectives & align with field testing capabilities;
- Uses internal and external networks to identify & secure testing sites that meet protocol criteria;
- Apply scientific skills to efficiently & accurately collect, analyze, summarize and interpret data, plus influence product positioning;
- Work cooperatively with academics & other key influencers on crop protection field trials;
- Assist Crop Protection Field Sales Rep (CP-FSR) with tech support on crop protection PPI's when requested;
- Engage actively on Protocol Delivery Team led by TDMs & serve as regional marketplace representative;
- Collaborate with Field Solutions/Technical Agronomists/Customer Business Advisors/CP-FSR's to test, deliver, position, and support our product pipeline;
- Identify new market opportunities, and facilitates the development of tailored solutions for our customers;
- Partner with sales & agronomy to facilitate demonstrations, and dealer and customer training when requested
- Address key technical issues (i.e., resistance management) with the team & key influencers;
- Facilitate and presents regional research results to technical managers, agronomy, and sales teams
- Facilitate and with regional marketplace positioning of crop protection, SeedGrowth, and trait system products.
- Facilitate discussions with sales, TDMs, Field Solutions, and Knowledge Transfer to create and deploy educational content on Bayer products & tailored solutions;
- Participate in efforts to coordinate, calendarize and build content for internal sales training events designed to increase competence & confidence;
- Interface with external key influencers on Bayer Crop Science products, recommendations, and local needs;
- Learn to apply and comply with all safety standards and requirements & coaches others;
- Forecast effectively and order seed & crop protection products for successful execution of field research program;
- Collaborate/coordinate with Agronomic Research Manager in planting, spraying, maintaining, and harvesting field trials;
- Manage effectively DOT compliance, trailer inspections as required;
- Initiate and manage the execution and maintenance of land & warehouse contracts;
- Hire and train temp personnel (Technology Development Field Associates);
- Serve as the bridge between R&D and US Commercial business through;
- Local field testing, evaluation, product positioning, and tailored solutions development;
- Facilitating collaboration with key internal stakeholders (Agronomy & Field Solutions) and external cooperators (academics & consultants) to drive technology adoption;
- Increasing awareness & gaining public trust through 3rd party testing relationships;
- Technical expertise & support of regional U.S. Commercial business units;
- Facilitating networking at universities to identify new talent;
- Proactive utilization of research results from professional society journals to influence the business;
- Follow all safety and compliance (regulatory & DOT) guidelines to maintain our freedom to operate (FTO) as a company. Effectively steward company resources (equipment, budget, etc.);
- Function independently or collaboratively as needed to plan, coordinate, and execute on field research trials;
- Actively participate in key groups and activities such as Protocol Delivery Teams (PDT), Knowledge Transfer, Product Performance Inquiry Support; and administering Grant in Aid (GIA);
- Facilitate the delivery of critical field research data necessary to make product advancement, selection, and commercialization decisions within Bayer Crop Science;
- Collaborate accordingly to organize and summarize data where appropriate to enhance local technical knowledge to grow the sales business;
- Product development, characterization, stewardship, and development of integrated solutions recommendations for the local geography;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to?drive greater than 7,500 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle?OR?being expected to?frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;??
- Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL.?This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies, or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO WE ARE
Bayer’s Crop Science division is the largest agriculture company in the world dedicated to the development, growth and marketing of agriculture seed, chemistry, and technology. Our seed teams strive to develop hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage, optimize water & climate variables and reduce the need for chemicals and other inputs. We are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our farmer customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship, and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based|Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||567041 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |