At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Automation Tech are to:
- Be responsible for all maintenance processes in the Automation area;
- Be responsible for the execution and daily organization of the activities of the area, accompanying the execution in the field and withdrawing reports of the supervisory systems, if there is any abnormality;
- Conduct interlock tests;
- Ensure the availability of systems;
- Make changes to control systems if necessary;
- Ensure the reliability of data transfer systems from the control network to the corporate network;
- Develop and participate in Failure Analyzes;
- Develop working instructions and 1-point lesson;
- Train the Autonomous Maintenance team in your area of expertise;
- Monitor the Autonomous Maintenance activities providing guidance to the team;
- Keep the documentation current;
- Identify and implement improvements in the process, equipment and procedures;
- Participate actively in meeting the commitments of the Policy and the Objectives of Quality, Safety, Health, and Environment. To contribute to the improvement of the quality of products and services, reducing the risk of accidents, reducing the consumption of Natural Resources and the appropriate Disposal of Waste;
- Comply with internal procedures and assist in meeting the legal requirements applicable to its activities;
- Help eliminate losses and create value by reducing variation in the production process and equipment settings;
- Use Focused Improvement techniques (eg 5WHYs) to initiate process improvement;
- Develop, repair, replace or retrofit equipment as needed to minimize downtime;
- Support areas throughout the plant in conducting the adoption of 5S practices to maintain an environment conducive to work, aligning with marking and ordering tools;
- Help keep metrics and other relevant information up to date in visual management frameworks to conduct teamwork and facilitate turn change.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least three years of applicable experience;
- Technical Training in Electrical, Instrumentation or Mechatronics;
- Instrumentation and Electrical Equipment education or experience;
- Programmable Logical Controls (PLC) education or experience;
- Industrial Automation education or experience;
- Knowledge of Regulatory Standards, especially NFPA 70;
Domestic relocation is not available for this position.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Lubbock || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||562111 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |