At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Analytical Chemist Scientist I (Method Development Metabolomics Mass Spectrometry)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Analytical Chemist Scientist I (Method Development Metabolomics Mass Spectrometry), are to:
- Plan and direct Analytical Chemistry research for projects involving advanced analysis for known and unknown compounds in microbes, plants, and other complex sample matrices;
- Design and conduct experiments utilizing a variety of mass spectrometry analysis techniques;
- Analyze and interpret data collected, form conclusions, and write technical reports;
- Contribute to improving existing methods and capabilities;
- Have experience with mass spectrometry-based analysis software;
- Develop, improve, and deploy informatics pipelines to analyze and compare mass spectrometry-based data;
- Ability to spend 80% of time working hands-on in laboratory;
- Stay current on scientific literature and implement this knowledge to new experiments and methodologies;
- Prepare and make technical presentations at internal meetings and scientific conferences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry, or a related field with at least five years of relevant work experience OR Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry, or a related field with at least two years of relevant work experience OR Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Mass spectrometry, or a related field with at least one year of experience;
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following Orbitrap, Triple Quadrupole (QQQ), and Quadrupole-Time-of-Flight (QTOF) mass spectrometry, UPLC fluidics, or data processing with various software;
- Experience with MRM/SRM or DDA/DIA;
- Proven experience with operation, calibration, and maintenance of MS instruments and interpretation of data;
- Proficient in standard wet chemistry sample extraction and cleanup techniques;
- Ability to independently design and execute experiments to solve unique problems;
- Experience with data analysis and bioinformatics;
- Problem solving skills based on understanding of raw data;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Domestic relocation may be available for this role.
Sponsorship may be available for this role.
Position based in West Sacramento, CA.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||West Sacramento || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||491721 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |