At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Agronomic Research Specialist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist II, are to:
- Collaborate with project team members to deliver detailed experimental protocols that enable advancement decisions by our scientists and placement decisions to our customers;
- Ensure the operation of research equipment, note taking, data management with internal Information Technology systems, comply with regulated seed stewardship standards, complete and/or participate in safety inspections/training and comply with all policies and standard operating procedures;
- Be able to travel up to 15% of the time particularly during peak seasons;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak seasons (including non-traditional day-time hours with the potential of overnight travel).
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will (may) fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Non degreed with at least 10 years of relevant experience or Bachelor of Science with at least two years of relevant experience or Master of Science with at least one year of relevant experience;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.;
- Ability to obtain pesticide applicator license (all sites this is desired except Hazelwood which is required);
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- CDL license or ability to obtain (this will be required in some locations).
- Bachelor of Science in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science or related field;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable maintaining large data sets;
- Experience with both standard Microsoft Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Ability to obtain UAV license for operating drones.
Domestic Relocation assistance is available.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Waco || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||552321 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |