YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Fast Technician, are to:
- Provide on-site mechanical troubleshooting and diagnostics to custom agricultural equipment on a limited basis;
- Work extended hours during peak seasons (including extended daytime hours with the potential of limited overnight travel), this include the possibility of reduced hours during non-peak seasons;
- Contribute to a rotating on-call schedule in which the employee will be expected to work weekends and holidays as needed;
- Self-manage their own work schedule complete required tasks and keep field teams running;
- Fill out support request records for the purpose of referencing for future support issues, equipment development, and work load analysis;
- Work with Operators, other team members, Field Service Technicians, and engineers to investigate systemic issues and help provide fleet wide resolutions;
- Have the ability to make machine setting adjustments on-site and remotely through the use of xml or text file changes as well as the operator’s user interface;
- Work with third party equipment companies developing troubleshooting methods and solutions to share with the team;
- Provide scheduled as well as impromptu equipment and software training both virtually and on site to internal operators;
- Perform self-audits of documentation and support links to keep information up to date and relevant, assist in creating new documentation and training videos when necessary;
- Travel up to 15%;
- Assume extra team leader responsibilities such as helping with support ticket data, team schedule management, and arranging support team training.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or at least five years of relevant experience, or Master’s degree with at least two years of relevant experience;
- Valid driver s license;Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and have to meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons.
- Field of study in Agricultural Technology or related fields;
- Prior experience in precision agriculture, agricultural automation and machine learning, data analytics.
- Have or have the ability to acquire a Part 107 pilot license for operating UAVs.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
| || |
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
|If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. || |
| || |
| || || || || |
|Division: ||Crop Science ||Reference Code ||496803 || |
|Functional Area: ||[[filter6]] ||Location: ||Chesterfield |
|Employment Type: ||[[filter7]] ||Position Grade: ||[[cust_subgrade]] || |
|Contact Us |
|Address ||Telephone ||E-Mail |
|Creve Coeur, MO ||+1 888-473-1001, option #5 ||email@example.com |
|63167 || || |