At BASF, we createchemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic successwith environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a moresustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company,we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and futureneeds of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging andrewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especiallyfrom within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF hasbeen recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019.Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
Maintenance Technician - 1903570 - Chattanooga, TN
Where the Chemistry Happens...
We are seeking a MaintenanceTechnician to work in the Dispersions & Pigments (ED) business unit as partof our Chattanooga, TN manufacturing site.
You will work as part of a team toinstall and maintain site mechanical equipment in order to provide a safeoperation with maximum production availability. You will be expected to work safely, following both verbal and writtenwork instructions and procedures as well.
Formula for Success
- Utilize your knowledge in electrically and pneumatically drivenmechanical equipment including rotating and reciprocation equipment and theability to troubleshoot and rebuild this equipment using optical alignmenttools to align rotating equipment systems within industry accepted toleranceand knowledge of piping bolting, gasketing and the ability to assemble systemswith proper torqueing techniques.
- Leveraging your degree/certification in Industrial Maintenance andWelding (SMAW & GTAW 6G for carbon and stainless steel) as well asexperience in mechanical systems and equipment maintenance in an industrialsetting. Applying your experience with rigging,welding, cutting and machining carbon and stainless-steel alloys in addition tocompetency with Windows, MS Office and SAP programs. You will use your ability to read blueprints,piping and instrument diagrams, sketches and detailed mechanical equipmentdiagrams as well as understanding of basic mathematics. (fractions, decimal andminor algebra)
- Successfully apply your experience in piping and tubing systemcomponents and experience inspecting and rebuilding various types of valves(ball, gate, butterfly, etc.) while also understanding the mechanical sealingtechnologies use to contain process materials in rotating pumping and agitationsystems. Using your proficient knowledgeand use of various test instruments such as dial calipers, micrometers, andalignment devices while continuing training to understand new equipment anddevices.
- Use your prior experience with Predictive Maintenance (PdM),Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Condition Monitoring programs and exposure toProcess Safety Management (PSM) to assist in working in a safe manner and preventinginjury to yourself or others. You will additionallywork to support and continually apply and Quality Improvement, Safety, Ecologyand Legal Compliance policies and procedures.
- Performing installs of new mechanical systems and equipmentaccording to vendor specifications and in accordance to site and corporatestandards and policies while recommending changes to existing mechanicalsystems or equipment in order to improve reliability or accuracy or furtheroptimize process'. Additionally,complete any required repairs and tasks to mechanical systems in an efficientand timely manner in order to restore or maintain safe operating capability.
- Continuous interaction with Maintenance, Production, Engineering,Purchasing and external suppliers to improve processes and plant reliability inaddition to responding to plant problems and equipment issues during weekendand 'off' hours (via page or cell phone). You will communicate any alterations to existing mechanical equipment toensure all site records are current and proper documentation is completed. Continually maintaining working relationshipswith Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Accounting, internally. Maintain partnerships with vendors, freightlines, UPS, equipment suppliers and technical support, externally.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We OfferYou
Addingvalue to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suiteof benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to supportyou—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, youcreate your own chemistry.
Thetotal rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck.From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits thatinclude company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning,we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large,global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally andpersonally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASFprovides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities tohelp you make the most of your talents and your job.