For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
SR Desktop Engineer - Decatur, IL or Erlanger, KY (Cincinnati Metro Area)
This is an exempt level position.
ADM's Senior Desktop Engineer is responsible for delivering and supporting the Modern Workplace at ADM. Working with the Desktop Support, SCCM, Collaboration, and Active Directory teams, the Desktop Engineer will build and maintain a stable desktop environment that supports the business while proposing and implementing new solutions that enhance business capability and user productivity. End user productivity and collaboration is a cornerstone of the ADM forward thinking desktop strategy. The Desktop Engineer will play a key part in defining and delivering solutions that support this strategy.
- Drive ADM's Modern Workplace transformation to Windows 10 and O365.
- Deliver and support desktop solutions including OS design and deployment, OS upgrades and maintenance, software deployment and reporting, cloud productivity solutions (O365), and secure desktop environment.
- Support and leverage Azure, Upgrade Readiness, Readiness Toolkit for Office Add-Ins, Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, and Desktop Analytics as part of the Win 10/O365 Modern Workplace migration and on-going servicing model.
- Support regular security and feature updates using standardized and repeatable deployment methods and tools.
- Work closely with architect team to develop the 3-5 year desktop strategy and roadmap.
- Implement the 3-5 year desktop strategy and execute the roadmap.
- Work closely with partners to deliver additional business value through the desktop solution.
- Recommend new technologies and evergreen solutions that support the enterprise strategy and improve user productivity.
- Build and maintain desktop design documentation related to the OS, security, browser(s), software deployment, and client management standards.
- Recommend and implement process improvements and automation solutions.
- Work successfully in a multi-vendor environment to deliver and support the desktop solution.
- Work with service partner(s) to design and deliver Microsoft Intune solution for modern desktop management.
- Act as escalation point for desktop support team as needed.
- 5+ years experience in a Desktop Support or Desktop Engineering role deploying and supporting Windows OS, the Office Suite, and Software. Most recently deploying, supporting, and servicing the Modern Workplace including Win 10 and O365 solutions.
- 2+ years experience working with modern image management, DP management, software packaging, Windows/Office modern servicing model, and security patching.
- Demonstrated experience moving a global organization to a Modern Workplace environment using tools and automation.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Modern Desktop deployment and management toolsets including how to implement. Examples include Azure, Upgrade Readiness, Readiness Toolkit for Office Add-Ins, Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, Desktop Analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated experience managing a modern SCCM Current Branch environment.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing servicing rings to deploy and manage Windows client systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing an enterprise desktop environment using Active Directory Group Policy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and interpret large data sets for system deployment planning and application compatibility remediation.
- In-depth understanding of Operating System Deployment and Task Sequences. Demonstrated ability to solve, stabilize, and improve the current state and incorporate new features/technologies as they become available.
- Demonstrated experience automating and using the Windows In-Place Upgrade process across an enterprise organization.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated experience delivering O365 and OneDrive. Experience silently deploying OneDrive (includes troubleshooting & remediation).
- Experience standing up and deploying workstations and mobile devices through modern management tools such as Microsoft Intune.
- In-depth understanding of client hardware and ability to troubleshoot enterprise impacting hardware/software issues. Able to make recommendations around compatibility and performance.
- Experience designing and deploying global and scalable solutions that are easily maintained.
- Experience working with IT and business partners to define standards.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor, global environment with offshore service delivery teams.
- Ability to work independently without oversight.
- Experience managing desktops in a process or manufacturing environment
- Service desk or customer service experience
- Familiarity with project management skills and methodology
- Familiarity with IT frameworks such as ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, etc.
- Adaptable to change
- Demonstrates positive attitude
- Forward thinking and evergreen focused
- Action oriented
- Solution focused
- Able to travel by auto and air if required
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.