For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Shift Supervisor- Hutchinson, KSThis is an exempt level position.
Position Summary:Supervising the daily activities of safety, quality, and production procedures as well as leading employees in all aspects of production during shift.
- Display a dedication to lead, participate, and support all safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to the position.
- Responsible for supervising all production staff during shift.
- Maintain good working relationships with all employees.
- Adhere to and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), HACCP, FSMA and SQF requirements. Be responsible for the daily plant operations, which include safety and environmental compliance, food safety, quality control, production, cost optimization and efficiencies.
- Provide solutions and promote collaboration amongst the various groups such as production, maintenance and quality.
- First line of involvement with lock out/tag out procedures and confined space entries.
- Monitor, review, and suggest/direct initiatives for continuous improvement in all areas of operations.
- Review employee performance and assist in employee development.
- Coordinate purchase orders and production requests for all production runs.
- Responsible for ensuring proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Observes equipment throughout facility and reports concerns to maintenance staff.
- Leads work of all production employees.
- Give feedback on a routine basis to all employees.
- Assist with scheduling and daily production records as needed.
- Administer supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; appraising performance; rewarding and focusing employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to work any shift required, including weekends and holidays as applicable.
- Collaborate with other associates in a dynamic environment.
- Flexibility and welcoming of changes in work routine.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time while performing job duties.
- Capability of working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and ability to wear a respirator.
- Ability to analyze information quickly to provide feedback in the manufacturing process and troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Prior work related and leadership experiences preferred
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.