For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
SAP S/4HANA Solution Architect - HCM / SuccessFactors
Locations: Erlanger, Decatur, Amsterdam, Heidelberg
Exempt level position.
The Solution Delivery Organization is aligned within the enterprise process framework to the Accountable Executive/Global Process Owner (AE/GPO) organization for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. As a member of the Solution Delivery Organization, the Solution Architect will lead the analysis of business processes and working closely with the Solution Leader(s), Process/System analysts, as well as business and/or process experts to develop, document and deliver end-to-end SAP process and systems solutions which enable ADM's strategy.
- 7 - 10 years' experience with progressive responsibility in one or more SAP modules; Experience with S/4HANA preferred.
- Deep knowledge of SAP solutions covering full HR processes : Employee/Personnel Administration (employee master), Payroll processing, Organization Management, Talent Management, Compensation Management, Benefits Administration, Time and Attendance, Learning Management; experience in HCM or SuccessFactors required.
- Experience with dealing with key integration areas between SAP HCM/SuccessFactors to S/4HANA; experience integrating SAP with external payroll processing, learning management, performance management a strong plus.
- Knowledge of standard SAP localizations in HR supporting global deployments
- Minimum of three full-lifecycle SAP deployments
- Exhibits ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Strong analytical, organization, time management, facilitation, and process management skills
- Demonstrated high level of written, verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate technical and non-technical information, ideas, procedures and processes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and with all levels of the organization and cope with rapidly changing information
- Ability to evaluate and negotiate priorities and adapt to new/evolving individual and team assignments as adjustments are needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of an organization how current trends and technology can address identified business needs and capabilities
- Interact and deal effectively with all levels of employees while maintaining a professional manner; willingness and effectiveness in challenging the status-quo.
- Maintains a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
- Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, overtime, or a variety of shifts, when needed, to meet deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel by auto and air as needed to achieve business objectives
- Bachelor's degree related to Information Systems, Business or other relevant academic discipline with a minimum 8 years job experience in IT or process area(s)
- Provide deep SAP functional & technical expertise in the given process area, as well as demonstrated knowledge of key integration points across SAP modules and technical components.
- Lead design for and deployment of highly complicated, integrated end-to-end solutions; facilitate integration with other IT delivery team member to ensure efficient and effective design, development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide leadership in planning/sequencing of end-to-end design workshops and support facilitation of workshops, leveraging knowledge of industry best practices and application of global SAP implementation experience.
- Guide complex fit/gap analysis and design decisions and validate fit/gap analysis and design decisions completed by less experienced team members; ensure deviations from "out of the box" functionality have sufficient business justification and positive value proposition
- Own overall inventory of reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms, and/or workflow (RICEFW)
- Review functional specifications for solutions in his/her process area
- Interface with 3rd party vendors for technical consulting during solution design, development, and ongoing support.
- Facilitate the relationship with development (RICEFW) team leaders; ensure teams are providing needed quality and development throughput
- Provide hands-on guidance of system configuration work conducted by process and systems analysts
- Provide input to architecture, security, and data standards; ensure end-to-end solutions adhere to these standards.
- Monitor work products of team members to ensure standard processes are followed when creating and maintaining solutions documentation for projects, enhancements, and support requests.
- Provide oversight to role based security designs and solutions
- Share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness within the respective process area
- In collaboration with the Solution Leaders, own the development, maintenance and communication of solutions roadmap for application(s) that service the business process
- In collaboration with the Solution Leader, own application portfolio management for his/her process area, including product introduction and retirement plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the application portfolio
- Provide regular and accurate status updates and other documentation to management and team members for assigned project, support, and enhancement work.
- Mentor and monitor progress of junior level personnel on complex projects
- In partnership with Enterprise Architect(s), stay abreast of and share industry trends and emerging technology topics
- Facilitate estimates for time and resource needs of identified solutions
- Manage change requests / deployment plans for his/her given process area, balancing speed to deliver with business and technical risk.
- Provide technical solution consultation for major decision points on M&A, Divestiture, and JV projects.
- Support project implementation transition to the support organization through documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provide technical expertise required to resolve escalated support issues.
- As needed, provide technical leadership in support of audit requests.
- Partner with other process and system experts to identify and implement business process continuous improvements opportunities
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.