Quality Assurance Technician (Oils)- Valdosta, GA
This is a non-exempt level position
Perform laboratory analysis on in-process and finished product samples to determine conformance to the specifications of quality and purity.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and regulations applicable to position
- Adhere to and implement Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HACCP requirements
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations and policies
- Perform all required lab tests adhering to detailed laboratory procedures
- Physical testing of production samples
- Daily verification of lab instruments
- Recording, interpreting, and entering test results using a computerized data system
- Maintain samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, when necessary
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies
- Continually compares test results with standards, as required, to insure that all products are within specification
- Handle various chemicals in different containers in the manner outlined in the Safety Data Sheet provided by the manufacturer
- Ability to read/write/speak English, and do basic arithmetic
- Write clearly and connect with other employees in a clear and professional manner
- Multi-task and remain organized
- Work on a team and have an ability to learn
- Exhibit regular and timely attendance
- Participates actively in training
- Reports to work in a condition to be able to perform all duties
- Practice personal hygiene
- High School Diploma or GED required, Associates in an applied science preferred
- Preferred analytical laboratory experience
- Position requires basic computer operation skills, i.e. use of "point and click" programs, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, OneNote), and different software programs for the instruments.
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone's responsibility
- Dedication to ADM's goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time while performing job duties.
- Must be capable of working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, and able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly (ex. Moving a gas cylinder)
- Ability to handle dangerous chemicals in a safe manner!
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays!
- Employees in this position may be exposed to various potential chemical and food allergens due to the nature of our business and the requirements of the job. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager.
Relocation is not available with this position.
This position offers a full benefits package including 401k/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental benefits.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.