For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Production Gather/Barcode Operator 2nd Shift (Operator III) - Effingham, IL
ADM Animal Nutrition
This is an hourly position.
The Production Gather/Barcode Operator is responsible for barcoding and gathering ingredients for mixing. Details duties are as follows:
- Retrieve ingredients from the warehouse and move them to the barcoding department
- Verify the ingredient, lot number, and quantity ensuring the correct barcode is applied
- Apply barcode labels to each bag/tote/container prior to moving the product to the production gathering locations
- Utilize the inventory management system to accurately maintain inventory and material locations in the warehouse
- Operate both sit down and stand up forklifts to move pallets
- Gather ingredients for batch tickets using computer prompters on the forklifts
- Weigh gathered product pallets on the pallet scale ensuring all bags are present
- Understand the various functions in Oracle to maintain an accurate inventory
- Retrieve partial bags from the last production run and allocate them to the batch being gathered
- Load the elevator sending ingredients up to the hand add department
- Ensure the area is kept clean
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be available to work different shifts, overtime, and weekends, as needed.
- Must be detail oriented, have proven computer proficiency, and have the ability to read and perform basic math calculations
- Ability to operate a stand up and sit down forklift and may require a valid driver's license
- Strong safety aptitude and work ethic and promotes the ADM Way and Core Values
- Ability to climb stairs and be exposed to elevated heights on an occasional basis
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to safely operate a utility knife
- Work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures, and a dusty work environment
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.