Decatur Corn Processing Plant - Decatur, IL
This is an exempt level position.
This position is responsible for process improvements for production in all facets of operation through direct contributions of project development from conception though start-up. It is also responsible for assisting in managing day to day operations, tracking and understanding department costs, yields, quality, process performance and mentoring production engineers. A Process Engineer will typically manage 0 Direct Reports and 10 to 30 Indirect Hourly Reports. This position may work with contractor management for the completion of projects within the department.
· Oversight of specific processes that may include projects. Project management may require , purchasing of materials and supplies, equipment installation, budget tracking, employee training, and startup of projects
· Assist in day to day operations including shift coverage as needed.
· Project design, development and management that are specific to the operations of the department. · Process and cost tracking · Training and mentoring other colleagues Minimum Job Requirements: · Strong Commitment to Safety · Demonstrated leadership · Demonstrated problem solving skills · Good written and verbal commutation skills · Ability to manage personnel and work closely with Corporate departments · Ability to look beyond the task at hand, to anticipate challenges and develop options to overcome them · 3-5 years of plant operations experience · Project management background is preferable · 3-5 years of plant operations experience · Project management experience / background is preferred. · Project management experience preferred Certifications & Licenses Required:
· Chemicals / Irritants
The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not properly followed.
o Spring / Summer: Temperatures in some areas of the facility will be up to or exceed 100 degrees o Fall / Winter: Temperatures in the facility may be at or below freezing. o Spring / Summer: Outside temperature may be up to or exceed 100 degrees with potential for high humidity. May be exposed to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind. o Fall / Winter: Outside temperatures may reach freezing or below. May be exposed to inclement weather including, freezing rain, sleet, snow and wind. · Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift.
· Able to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 55 pounds overhead. o Lifting or carrying of weights over 50 pounds is rare. Employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than 50 pounds. · Able to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day. · Able to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling or squatting frequently during the course of a work day. May require periods of prolonged sitting or standing. · Able to operate equipment or diagnose / detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights. May require work on ladders, scaffolding or other work at heights.
- Requires a full range of physical motion in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights.
Relocation assistance is available with this position. This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance. ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.