Plant Superintendent- Sabetha, KS
This is a full-time exempt position.
This position is responsible for overseeing the effective operation of Warehouse and Production functions at the facility.This includes the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of employees in these areas; specifically, vacation time scheduling, monitoring performance, and ensuring colleague capabilities meets the needs of the operation.This position has a key role in helping make sure all safety and quality procedures are followed in all areas of the plant.This position is responsible for developing a team capable of issue resolution and problem solving; working closely with the Plant Manager, department supervisors, and lead personnel at the facility.
- Active, hands-on involvement and daily presence within the facility handling production, bagging, warehouse, and delivery issues. Ensures colleagues are completing assignments as required by ADM and that they have the necessary tools and supplies to complete all required tasks.
- Establishing a production schedule for the locations colleagues to execute day to day supporting safety, quality and service requirements.
- Works with QA technicians to help implement food safety/sanitation /quality programs to ensure that the facility is compliant with the law, regulatory requirements, and company programs along with continuously looking for improvements to the Quality Assurance programs.
- Works to find new and more efficient ways to manufacture, ship, and control costs to help add value to ADM and the shareholders.
- Works to ensure Safety training programs are being completed for all colleagues.
- Monitors the workplace for improvements, safety, and personnel concerns.
- Respond to and follow up on Customer complaints, while working alongside sales personnel on these issues.
- Hold Toolbox meetings on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with Commercial, Formulations, Quality Assurance and other divisional leadership to resolve scheduling, production, and formulation issues.
- Participates in inventory reconciliations and in the monthly sanitation/quality/GMP audits.
- Promotes Safety and Quality first, then production.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 1-3 years of supervisory experience is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership and strong problem solving skills
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to present material with energy and enthusiasm to motivate and influence people
- Computer skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- History of working safely and a reputation for promoting and getting involved in safety improvement efforts
- Concern for Quality and support of food safety plans
- Related Industry Knowledge .
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.