At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Maintenance Superintendent- Clinton, IA
This is an exempt level position.
Position Summary: The Maintenance Superintendent has overall responsibility for the material condition of the facility and all assets. In this dual reporting role, the Maintenance Superintendent reports to the Plant Manager in all matters that impact the safety, environmental, quality and administrative issues and to the Regional Maintenance and Reliability Manager for technical operational performance and asset management issues. The focus of this position is to maximize production time available on equipment, minimize upkeep costs and manage expenditures related to equipment, spare parts, and consumable items. The Maintenance Superintendent supports the plant production effort and must provide high quality repair and maintenance services that enable the plant to meet production goals. This position is responsible for the strategic and tactical oversight of asset management strategies within the plant, with the goal of providing reliable processes in the business. Activities include the alignment and implementation of Maintenance and Reliability practices, programs, processes, operational effectiveness, continuous improvement techniques, proactive maintenance and repairs, product design and planning, contractor management, vendor and spare parts management, best practice applications, training and support.
- Proactively work to ensure that all ADM employees, visitors, vendors and contractors understand and comply with the ADM safety policies and procedures.
- Support and engage in Performance Excellence activities in the facility.
- Support the production departments in the areas of safety and quality, including audit compliance.
- Align, deploy and execute the ADM Maintenance and Reliability vision/strategy.
- Maintain the production equipment to function as designed or expected.
- Manage and implement preventative maintenance and reliability activities.
- Lead and support root-cause analysis processes within the maintenance team in regards to failures, EDT and execute plan to correct.
- Develop, review, and analyze maintenance/reliability maintenance metrics and performance.
- Assist the production leadership staff in training operations personnel on proper operations, cleaning, lubrication, trouble shooting, and adjustments on the production equipment.
- Drive effectiveness of the storeroom and spare parts inventory to ensure that needed parts are available.
- Coordinate the maintenance program to schedule work with/around the production schedule.
- Maintain an effective equipment history, work history, and preventative maintenance program using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Ensure that all maintenance work is documented.
- Manage ongoing maintenance and reliability related projects (asset reliability and defect elimination).
- Responsible for people management and development including retention, recruiting and team engagement.
- Identifies training opportunities, needs and facilitates training sessions for maintenance personnel, focusing on precision skills training and development, safety practices and work standards. May provide ad-hoc technical support as needed.
- Takes an active role in managing the maintenance team and coaching employees to reach their fullest potential by providing feedback in a manner that is effective, consistent and fair.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Industrial Maintenance Management.
- Team leadership experience.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with colleagues at a various levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate courteously with fellow employees, vendors, and contractors.
- Strong ability to install, inspect, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and equipment.
- Electrical experience/knowledge a plus.
- Ability to use and train employees on the use of predictive and preventive maintenance tools and software.
- Ability to train and mentor employees on improving their mechanical skills and teach safe work practices.
- Ability to use computers and various types of software for purchasing, shipping & receiving, inventory control, scheduling, recordkeeping, and communication.
- Ability to research problems and understand diagrams, and written and oral instructions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. walk long distances, stand for long periods, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights, bending, kneeling, working with tools and work in extreme temperature conditions
- Flexible schedule, willing to accept on-call rotation and after-hours trouble calls, including nights and weekends
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.