At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Maintenance Millwright - Charlotte, NC
This is a full-time, hourly level position.
The Maintenance position will maintain all equipment to required standards, be responsive to line calls, provide support for preventative and failure based maintenance as required by the needs of the plant. Installs and maintains machinery and equipment using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools.
- Works within established safety standards and practices
- Troubleshoots mechanical failures
- Repairs and rebuilds pumps
- Maintains conveyors, auger systems, cables and packaging equipment.
- Demonstrates a strong team member attitude while being able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Recommends changes, modifications or up-grades of equipment to improve machine reliability and performance
- Reads equipment drawings and documents
- Documents work, modifications to equipment etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- VO Tech. or Millwright training is preferred
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge of the OHSA and other applicable safety standards.
- The candidate must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within industrial maintenance.
- The candidate should have experience with pumps and pump alignments, conveyors, safe rigging practices, hydraulics, cutting, grinding, and welding.
- Good communication skills, and able to work under time constraints.
- Applicant must have regular, prompt attendance.
- Have the ability to climb stairs, perform some lifting, sit and stand for long periods, work in confined spaces, working with heights, bending, and kneeling.
- Candidate must be able to work in all-weather conditions
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.