At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Maintenance Mechanic - Southport, NC
This is a full time, hourly position.
As a Maintenance Mechanic you will be responsible for reliability, maintenance, and troubleshooting of all plant equipment. A mechanic will spend most of their time working with tools on critical equipment and will become knowledgeable of and follow all GMPs and applicable SOPs. 24/7 support of the plant is required when needed. This position reports to the Maintenance Superintendent.
- In this position, you will perform and develop preventive and predictive maintenance for new and existing equipment, (centrifuges, centrifugal pumps, turbines, compressors rotary vacuum filters, vacuum pumps, etc.)
- Assist fellow mechanics and technicians as required functioning equally well as a team member or team lead
- Collaborate with maintenance support and stock room personnel to ensure all parts transactions are properly documented
- Troubleshoot equipment breakdowns and restoring operation
- Provide support with the checkout and startup of new equipment
- Participate on plant reliability initiatives and teams to perform root cause analysis of failures
- Work closely with operators and management
- Complete Work Order documentation as identified
- Promote housekeeping in work areas to promote a safe working environment
- Transport equipment, machines and parts using fork lifts, pallet jacks etc. in safe manners
- Follow HAZMAT and MSDS guidelines in handling hazardous materials.
- Industrial mechanical maintenance background
- Minimum of 4 years' experience
- High School diploma or equivalent Technical degree is desired
- Basic competency in office applications such as MS Office
- Ability to learn support systems such as Maximo with minimal individualized training
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus; mechanical diagnosis, repair, stick and tig welding, laser alignment, rigging and ultrasonic leak detection
- Capable of reading and understanding equipment drawings, user manuals, and computerized data archives
- Ability to climb stairs, perform some heavy lifting, sit or stand for long periods, work at heights, bending and kneeling
- Willingness to work shift work and overtime as required
- Confirmed ability to work safely
- Focus on following and improving safety policies and procedures in all aspects of work
- Ability to work with water soluble and oil based lubricants
- Successful completion of Work Keys testing
- Employees at this location are (or may be) exposed to various environmental conditions. If there is any reason such exposure would interfere with your ability to perform this role or work at the location, please notify the hiring manager.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.