Maintenance Manager- Chattanooga, TN
This is an exempt level position.
Position Summary: The Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for the material condition of the facility and all assets. In this dual reporting role, the Maintenance Manager reports to the Plant Manager for day to day execution and to the RCM Regional Manager for technical direction and asset strategy. The focus of this position is to maximize production time available on equipment, minimize upkeep costs and manage expenditures related to equipment, spare parts, and consumable items. The Maintenance Manager supports the plant production effort and must provide high quality repair and maintenance services that enable the plant to meet production goals. Activities include: operational effectiveness, continuous improvement techniques, proactive and precision maintenance, planning and scheduling, contractor management, vendor and spare parts management, implementation of best practices and programs, training and development.
- Proactively work to ensure that all ADM employees, visitors, vendors and contractors understand and comply with the ADM safety policies and procedures.
- Sets goals and expectations for maintenance team
- Support and engage in Performance Excellence activities in the facility.
- Support the production departments in the areas of safety and quality, including audit compliance.
- Align, deploy and execute the ADM Maintenance and Reliability vision/strategy.
- Maintain the production equipment to function as designed or expected.
- Manage and implement preventative maintenance and reliability activities.
- Work with plant leadership and RCM CoE to develop maintenance budget and manage monthly R&M spending
- Lead and support root-cause analysis processes within the maintenance team regarding failures and implementation of countermeasures
- Develop, review, and analyze maintenance/reliability maintenance metrics and performance.
- Assist the production leadership staff in training operations personnel on proper operations, cleaning, lubrication, trouble shooting, and adjustments on the production equipment.
- Drive effectiveness of the storeroom and spare parts inventory to ensure that needed parts are available.
- Coordinate the maintenance program to schedule work with/around the production schedule.
- Maintain an effective equipment history, work history, and preventative maintenance program using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Ensure that all maintenance work is documented.
- Manage ongoing maintenance and reliability related projects (asset reliability and defect elimination).
- Responsible for people management and development including retention, recruiting and team engagement.
- Identifies training opportunities, needs and facilitates training sessions for maintenance personnel, focusing on precision skills training and development, safety practices and work standards. May provide ad-hoc technical support as needed.
- Takes an active role in managing the maintenance team and coaching employees to reach their fullest potential by providing feedback in a manner that is effective, consistent and fair.
- A recognized engineering qualification with time served electrical and mechanical knowledge or ideally degree level in field of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production Manufacturing, or another related field.
- Experience/Leadership of Reliability Centered Maintenance processes.
- Strong experience preferably in a food, feed or chemical production environment.
- Strong experience in the management or supervision of a maintenance department incorporating Safety & Health, Environmental, Quality, Production and Project management.
- Proficient in asset management techniques
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications & asset management software
- Strong problem solving, diagnostic and analytical skills, with a results focused approach.
- Strong communication skills and an excellent team player
- Thorough knowledge of machinery, with prior experience in instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Ability to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs, ladders in all buildings, and to work at heights
- Work is performed indoors and out-of-doors year-round, occasionally in environments that are dusty, noisy, or which could have work hazards
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
Job Post Date: 02/11/21