|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 31,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 500 crop procurement locations, 270 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 44 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at .www.adm.com
Machinist - ADM Mechanical, Decatur Illinois
This is a full-time, hourly, entry level position.
We have a machinist position available on day shift at the ADM Mechanical facility, 2290 N Jasper Street in Decatur Illinois. Candidates shall have experience using engine lathes to make parts with tight tolerances. There will be no out of town traveling and overtime will be worked as needed.
1) Sets up and operates engine lathe to perform machining, such as turning, facing, boring, and threading on rotating metal castings, forgings, and bar stock, to machine tool, die, or machine parts, analyzing specifications and deciding on tooling according to knowledge of metal properties and lathe operation: Studies blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize machining to be done, and plans sequence of operations.
2) Selects method of holding work piece according to its size and shape and installs holding fixtures, such as chuck jaws, collets, arbors, and mandrels, to headstock or tailstock, using clamps or wrenches.
3) Lifts work piece manually or with hoist, and positions and secures it in holding fixture or between centers, using clamps and wrenches, and verifying position with measuring instruments, such as calipers, height gauges, and dial indicators.
4) Selects feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and cutting tool for each operation, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
5) Positions and secures cutting tool in tool holder on cross-slide or tailstock.
6) Moves controls to set cutting speed and feed rate and to position tool in relation to work piece.
7) Starts machine and turns hand wheels to feed tool to and along work piece, or engages automatic feed
8) Turns valve handle and directs flow of coolant against tool and work piece.
9) Verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometer, calipers, and depth gauges.
10) May operate large engine lathe to machine large objects.
11) May offset position of tailstock to machine tapered surfaces.
12) May mount gears, move levers, and engage threading dial to machine threads, using knowledge of thread cutting.
13) May machine teeth on cutting tools, or duplicate contours from templates or models, using relieving or tracing attachments.
14) May operate bench grinder to sharpen tools.
Other Qualifications:1. Able to work safely in a team environment and be quality conscience
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.