At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Laborer - Memphis, TN
ADM Cotton Seed
This is an hourly level position.
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone's responsibility.
- Assists in Lock-Out/Tag-Out/Try-Out procedures on various valves and machine equipment such as motors, driers and pumps.
- Adheres to all safety and process requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all GMP, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts. Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor.
- Active participation in safety programs and safety duties as required.
- Works safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by complying with all department and plant safety policies regarding the use of hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protective equipment.
- Works in teams by maintaining good communication and cooperation with other department operators and management in order to achieve efficient production processes in all areas.
- Work outside for long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Unload cotton seed trucks
- Have good working knowledge of seed flow from dumpers to storage
- Have good working knowledge of seed flow from storage to mill
- Load oil, meal, pellet, and lint railcars
- Load meal, pellet, lint trucks
- Operate fork lift, clamp truck, skid steer loader, and front end loader safely and efficiently
- Operate Track Mobile rail car mover
- Transfer cotton seed from storage to production
- General Housekeeping
- Assist maintenance personnel as needed
- Any other jobs directed by supervisor
- Good attendance history
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Previous plant operator experience
- Previous experience with skid steer loader and/or pay loader
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Ability to train
- Ability to work rotating shift job if required
- Good organizational skills
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven housekeeping and sanitation skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Accurate record keeping skills
- Good keyboarding and computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to lift up to 10lbs from waist to shoulder height on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs from floor to shoulder height on an occasional basis
- Must be able to push/pull 35lbs on an occasional basis
- Must be able to throw rail switches
- Must be able to stand 8-12 hours
- Must be able to walk 8-12 hours
- Must be able to sit while driving 8-12 hours
- Climb ladders, work at elevated heights
- Must be able to climb to the top of all seed houses and tanks. (100ft in elevation)
- Must be able to handle extensive walking on rough surfaces while switching cars
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical/respirator questionnaire and a background check.