At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Lab Technician I- Chattanooga, TN
This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
- Collecting, distribution, and physical testing of production samples!
- Daily calibration of standard lab instruments followed by recording and interpretation of test results!
- Verifying sufficient inventory of testing supplies while also maintaining the cleanliness of the laboratory environment.
- Maintains samples of tested product in order to confirm test results when necessary.
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all ADM laboratory equipment.
- Maintains ongoing records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer daily.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
- Continually compares test results with standards as required to ensure that all flour is within specification.
- Applicants will be encouraged to do shift work and send COAs.
- Notifies appropriate colleagues when product is not within specification.
- Understands most production processes required in the production of flour and how it would relate to analysis being performed
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and efficiently completes all safety certification requirements
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines
- Handles various chemicals in assorted containers in the manner outlined in the manufacturer's chemical Material Safety Data Sheet
- Informs supervisor immediately of any hazards, unsafe equipment and/or acts
- Additionally reports immediately any accidents, injuries and near misses to supervisor
- Recommends solutions to improve deficiencies or improve work and operational practices
- Participates actively in training
- Reports to work in a condition to be able to perform all duties
- Practices acceptable personal hygiene
- Familiarizes themselves with the hazards in their work area and how to protect themselves
- Understands that accidents are preventable and that safety is everyone's responsibility
- Commitment to ADM's goal of achieving a zero injury culture; understand and follow company safety procedures
- Exhibit regular and timely attendance
- Cross training with Quality Food Safety Manager
- Prolonged periods of standing and sitting
- Working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders
- Working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc.), lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.