For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Fleet Deckhand - St. Louis, MO
This is a full-time, non-exempt level position.
- ADM is seeking a laborer to work as a deckhand under the direction of a Captain on a tug boat at our American River Transportation Company (ARTCo) fleeting location in St. Louis, MO.
- General housekeeping and upkeep of the vessel, including washing, chipping, painting, and cleaning
- Tow work, including building rigging, and building tow for Lineboats
- Fleet work, including preparing barges for delivery to local customers
- Assisting barge cleaners, mechanics, and welders may also be required
- Assist the captain with required vessel reports in compliance with environmental, safety and USCG regulations and report any problems or damage
- Report all injuries, illnesses, and near misses in a timely manner
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Ability to follow direction and execute tasks under the supervision of captain or mate
- Inland waterway decking experience preferred, but not required
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule; must allow for changes in assignments, and priorities depending upon identified needs of the vessel
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Must be able to work in all types of climates
- Promote the ADM Way and core Values
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card required. If you do not have a TWIC card upon hire, you must apply for one within 5 days
Fleet Deckhands will be assigned to one of the following schedules:
- 3 day shifts, 3 night shifts, 3 days off
- 5 day shifts, 2 days off, 4 night shifts, 3 days off
- Candidates must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening and Company human performance exam (physical ability test)
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting
- Prolonged periods of kneeling, bending and climbing stairs/ladders
- Ability to work near or on large bodies of water, at various heights and in confined spaces
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.