Facility Safety Pro- Keokuk, IA
This is an exempt level position.
Facility Health and Safety (H&S) Professional (Pro): Based in the United States and reports to the respective Regional (H&S) Director or Area (H&S) Manager. A Facility (H&S) Pro Provides Safety Leadership and support to their assigned ADM facility or facilities.
- Work closely with Plant Management to achieve safety action plan success. Provide constant and consistent Leadership, Guidance and Mentoring along with training and public presentation as necessary.
- Lead, support and encourage the actions that are leading indicators, tracked by a safety management index.
- Advise their manager or director and their facility management on the status of all Safety Action Plan actions and areas to apply focus and leadership to achieve success.
- Build management and employee commitment and enthusiasm for safety through effective Leadership and Influence.
- Lead or have integral involvement in incident investigations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health and safety programs and policies through consistent monitoring and auditing of the requirements as they are dictated by ADM safety.
- Knowledge and Understanding of a multitude of health and safety regulations and policies with the ability to communicate the requirements effectively and assist the facility with implementation and management.
- Provide leadership and accountability for safety reporting requirements in a computer safety management system.
- Act as a Champion and Mentor for colleague safety engagement that comes in many forms including Values Based (behavior) Safety.
- Manage and provide oversight of injured colleague cases.
- Environmental responsibilities including maintaining reports and verifying compliance
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, waivable with exceptional experience
- Minimum of five year's work experience in a dedicated health and safety position with knowledge of industrial environmental/regulatory compliance or degree in Safety
- Board of Certified Safety Professional (BCSP) Certification (any) or commitment to achieve
- Proven leadership skills demonstrated by resume
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including public presentation ability
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office and the ability to quickly learn and utilize other standardized systems
- Proven ability to work effectively and enthusiastically on a team
- Proven ability to recognize hazards, assess risk and recommend controls
- Minimal travel will be required, sometimes reactionary on short notice
- The position requires the ability to work in a variety of environments: office environment and varying indoor and outdoor environments to include extreme heat and cold
- The position requires the ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods as well as climb stairs and ladders
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.