Electrical Engineer - Clinton IA
ADM Clinton - Corn Processing
This is a Salary Exempt Position
Provide electrical engineering technical support in the day-to-day operation and longer term improvement of a wet corn milling production facility that produces a diversified line of food ingredients, ethanol, corn oil and animal feed. This includes using technical knowledge for design, installation, operation and maintenance of facilities and equipment, with an emphasis on safety and reliability, in a manner that meets internal customer needs. Also provide coaching and mentorship to other ADM colleagues and partner effectively at multiple levels of the organization.
- BSEE or equivalent with 2+ years of significant engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Personal value and dedication to safety demonstrated in all aspects of work
- Strong engineering knowledge including but not limited to industrial electrical systems (ranging from low to very high voltage power distribution systems), National Electrical Code and exposure to process controls. Ability to read and decipher regulations and industry codes and explain requirements to others
- Help prepare project cost estimates, prepare documents for authorization for expenditure, and implement elements of electrical upgrade project.
- Knowledge of power generation systems and equipment a plus.
- Organizational skills, as well as excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to accomplish results by working effectively with others and willingness and ability to work in all plant areas (i.e. walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through close spaces)
- Hands on approach to work
- Ability to respond quickly to changing requirements and capability to work in hot and cold temperatures
A world scale agri-processing facility with 1000+ employees/contractors with opportunities for improvement of existing operations. Diverse product line including ethanol (fuel and beverage), corn sugar, starch, fibersol, crystalline dextrose, corn oil, enzymes, and feed products. Several major new capital projects have been undertaken to upgrade the Clinton site including a new Cogeneration plant, new Feedhouse, and significant capital improvements to the Alcohol, Fibersol and Refinery operations.