Analytics Engineer- Decatur, IL This is an exempt level position
Position SummaryThe Analytics Engineer is predictive analytics professional who has data management proficiency to make sets of structured and unstructured data accessible and the advanced analytical skills to derive useful information from the data.
Essential Job Functions:Natural curiosity and real passion for scientific investigation, talent for strategic leadership, interest in digital product development
- Work with multidisciplinary teams for the development and delivery of analytics solutions through agile methodology
- Develop and manage skills in machine learning, statistical modeling, and other computational approaches to extract insights from proprietary and public science data sources.
- Establish and manage collaborations engaging business units to develop novel data analytic approaches and integrated decision science solutions.
- Coordinate collaborating of data science group across all of ADM to develop solutions for meaningful business, financial, and operations questions in cross-functional teams
Experience and Abilities:
- Experience in machine learning, data mining, statistical methodology and proven experience using these techniques to solve commercial, financial and manufacturing problems.
- Passion for collaboration and working with and inspiring cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Dedication to working safely and to the awareness for the safety of others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for working with all parts of the company such as operators, engineers, commercial personnel, and senior management.
- Ability to develop actionable predictive models from various data sets both large and small.
- Ability to explain and teach advanced analytics techniques and principles to others
- Minimum five years' experience working with advanced analytics platforms such as SAS, SPSS or Statistics
- Extensive experience with lower level analytics platforms such as R, Python or JMPPro.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, mathematical field, or computer programming.
- Masters or PhD in Advanced degree in Analytics or equivalent analytics experience preferred
- Process manufacturing knowledge required.
30% travel requirement possible Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 08/28/20