For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
AMT6/Mechanic Trainee - Jackson, TN
This is a part-time, hourly position
The position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Repair/troubleshoot lighting circuits and fixtures
- Working knowledge of Process Controls
- Repair belt and chain drive assemblies
- Proficient welding skills with wire techniques (minimum)
- Proficient with field fabrication and construction
- Basic knowledge of all hand tools
- Basic knowledge of equipment alignments/PM's
- Basic working knowledge of shop machinery is helpful
- Stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs, work with heights and perform confined space entry
- Be safety oriented
- Able to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as hot and cold temperatures and a dusty environment
- Forklift driving experience is helpful
- Watch for and report all safety issues
- Follow all GMP and HACCP policies
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.