Account Sales Manager- ADM Logistics - Chicago, IL
This is an exempt level position.
The Account Sales Manager will act as the primary point of contact for their customer accounts. This position will be responsible for developing new accounts and developing strong customer relationships to generate a profitable customer base, as well as creating strategies, product offerings, and pricing. They will manage resources such as personnel, reports and systems in order to meet customer needs and department goals. The Account Sales Manager will report directly to the National Account Manager. This role will be based at our Oak Brook, IL location in the Chicago area.
- Responsible for the acquisition and development of local and national accounts
- Creation and implementation of a sales plan to deliver upon sales goals
- Consistently generate leads via prospecting, networking, and referral efforts
- Prospect, qualify, and present quality leads to the National Account Manager in an effort to open dialogue and secure meetings to manage 3PL services
- Provide weekly reports on prospect activity, lead generation, and account conversion status
- Leverage ADM Transportation resources to develop customer account and present capabilities as a competitive advantage
- Develop a comprehensive account strategy for expanding market share of customer wallet; including development of Standard Operating Procedures, key revenue and profit metrics and other performance metrics
- Business planning, strategic account growth, budgeting, relationship development, quarterly business reviews, and contract negotiations
- Understand customer's business and utilize knowledge and resources to provide solutions
- Address and support customer challenges, opportunities and threats while considering their tolerance for transit time, cost, risk and market conditions
- Own all aspects of the customer relationship, acting as the primary point of contact, and manage customer's logistics needs, including rate quotations, order management, and customer reports
- Elicit customer feedback to help guide future product and service offerings
- Transition customer accounts to Account Managers to service and develop as needed
- Recruit and train team as necessary
- Provide proper training and guidance to coach team
- Report timely and accurate revenue and profitability forecasts
- Prior success in sales or Logistics Account Management
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required with emphasis on telephone communications
- Ability to effectively make cold calls
- Independently generate new sales revenue and profitability
- Effectively handle client bids and negotiations
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must
- Air travel is required with the possibility of last minute requests
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of brokerage, third party logistics and freight forwarding is helpful
- Previous sales experience in food, feed, or industrial markets is strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Filing, keyboarding operations, and working on the telephone is required
- A college degree is preferred
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability and veteran status.