Our Feed Mill Manager is responsible for performing all phases necessary for daily production, and will delegate and participate in the work assignment of shift personnel. The person in this position directs all feed mill operations, maintenance, safety, and product quality control of finished feeds and various inbound products via truck or rail. Additional responsibilities include scheduling daily feed mill activities; supervising the receipt and inventory of ingredients; preparing for and coordinating housekeeping activities; working with maintenance team members on a daily basis in addressing downtime and other equipment related issues; facilitating and scheduling mandatory and other appropriate training; and participating in safety meetings.
A relocation package is negotiable at the time of an offer.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule daily production and manage employee shifts and hours of operation in order to produce feed efficiently and cost effectively.
- Test and summarize quality control data.
- Maintain accurate inventory balances and monitor quality control to meet customer specifications.
- Maintain and follow all current GMPs and comply with Food Safety Modernization Act procedures.
- Observe OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations; maintain equipment and facilities regularly; follow housekeeping standards keeping facilities neat and clean.
- Efficiently coordinate production practices with operations crew and communicate effectively with logistics teams, operations management, and sales and marketing in order to consistently meet customer requirements.
- Interview, hire, and train employees in the operation of mixing systems, pre-weigh, pelleting, rail receiving, and weigh master duties. Conduct monthly safety training classes with staff.
- Assist with budget planning, capital projects, and future enhancements to the facility.
- Manage facility expenses within budget guidelines and look for ways to increase mill and expense efficiencies.
- High school degree required; associate or college degree desired (BA or BS in agriculture, manufacturing or relevant industry preferred).
- Knowledge of animal nutrition (preferred).
- 5+ years feed mill supervisory experience preferred; exposure to batch feed manufacturing, and pelleting. Knowledge of feed manufacturing techniques, equipment operation and maintenance.
- Forklift and Confined space entry certification (in-house) will be required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with demonstrated leadership and team building capabilities.
- Ability to understand and follow Food Safety Standards -- FSMA and State regulations.
- Proficient math and computer skills including MS Word and Excel, MS Outlook.
- Positive, self-motivated individual with organization, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. repeatedly and up to 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Position requires standing/walking on hard surface for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, crouch, reach overhead and work in confined spaces.
As an employee owned company with strong core values, we offer competitive compensation and a **full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, paid time off, 401(k) plan, Employee Ownership Stock and more! **Upon completion of mandatory introductory periods.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday to Friday
VISIT www.alaskamillandfeed.com to learn more about our Employee Owned Company!