VP Sales / Business Development - North America
Ag 1 Source is looking for a VP of Sales/Business Development - North America. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new company who is offering a very unique, highly sought after and very intriguing product. This product will give growers real time data on the nutritional breakdown of their soil. Call it a "lab in the hand"!
The successful person in this role should come with a proven record of being able to network between growers and retail. You would bring immediate credibility to future investors and industry experts. Having experience in the introduction of new products and market/business development is going to be key. Plans are to expand quickly nationwide with distribution. Being able to devise a go-to-market plan and implement it will be essential.
Th ideal location for this person will be in California, preferably someone who has connections and can focus on the vegetable crops first.
What's in it for you:
• Great opportunity to be part of a new innovative market opportunity.
• Great opportunity for growth.
• Lots of freedom to build the business.
• The only way to go in this role is up!!
• We will be able to build a very good incentive and salary package for the right person!
What you will be doing:
• Building sales with large, key, vegetable growers.
• Evaluating and setting up the most efficient distribution structure.
• Developing the U.S. market with primary emphasis initially on California, vegetable crops.
• Establishing the brand name.
• Evaluating the next steps in market development.
• Building a team!
A successful candidate for this VP of Sales/Business Development will possess the following:
• Proven track record of success in introduction of new products.
• Excellent network of key growers in the vegetable growing areas.
• Credibility in the industry as someone who has proven success.
• Successful history of driving sales and building/developing businesses.
• Ability to be a self-starter and work with an international team.
Compensation: We are looking at building an excellent compensation package for the right individual. Good base and incentives will be included.
Benefits: Benefits will need to be built into a package. This is an international company who does not have a set policy in the U.S. yet, but is willing to assist in getting benefits covered.
Desired Location: This position will be located in California in the Coastal or Valley regions. You must be willing to travel extensively.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the VP Sales / Business Development job.