Technical Sales Representative
Ag 1 Source is looking for a Technical Sales Representative for one of our valued clients to support and maximize sales in an assigned territory. This position, ideally would have a candidate based out of a home office in the Edmonton, Alberta area but is open to other locations. The representative will work closely with the sales director by ensuring technical competency and aptitude of company products within the assigned customer base; maximizing the sales of diagnostic test kits, media and associated supplies to customers and prospects in assigned market segment. They will also be responsible for controlling expenses and accounts receivable management while implementing approved sales and marketing programs. This is a great opportunity in a growing market segment with a world-class, progressive and proven company. Whats in it for you:
• Great new growth opportunities with industry segment that will continue to expand over the next decade plus
• Exceptional North American presence and brand recognition with a global footprint of expansion
• Very open communication, highly success driven and supportive management, customer sales service committed
• Office out of your home environment
• Company is very committed to its people and its customers
• Company has strong benefits and full travel budgets What you will be doing:
• Perform product training and certification within Canada in support of sales growth.
• Perform validation studies to replicate results and to verify results with industry or scientific literature standards.
• Calibrating instrumentation.
• Tabulating and graphing data to prepare technical reports for the sales director and customers.
• Participating in kit validations for additional commodities.
• Providing scientific input and recommendations to sales director.
• Designing laboratory experiments that may improve product portfolio.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting for kits and components.
• Providing relevant market information for an annual territory business plan that clearly identifies the potential revenue growth opportunities.
• Assisting the sales director in building business plans by product and by account, which will allow for successful obtainment of assigned budget.
• Providing timely and accurate updates to business plan.
• Other duties as assigned. A successful candidate for the Technical Sales Representative will possess the following:
• Bachelor"s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in a science discipline (microbiology preferred). We would prefer one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of market segment being applied for a benefit.
• Have a background in microbiology and experience of laboratory work.
• You will need to communicate effectively including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of order processing systems; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint word processing software, reader software interface.
• Be a self starter with very good analytical, problem solving, and customer service skills.
• Enjoy and be a productive member of a winning team environment.
Compensation: You can expect a competitive compensation package.
Benefits: The company offers a robust package with strong benefits and full travel budgets.
Desired Location: The company would prefer an Edmonton, Alberta location, but the Technical Sales Representative could work remotely from a home office.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Technical Sales Rep job.