Seed Production Associate
We are looking for a Seed Production Associate to join a well-recognized seed production company. This role is based in the Madison, Wisconsin area where the qualified candidate will work closely with the production manager. The Seed Production Associate will assist in coordinating the production and operations teams to produce top quality corn hybrids for many of the leading Midwest seed companies.
What's in it for you:
• This is an opportunity to join a great family-owned business.
• Enjoy a family-first culture that rewards performance.
• Take your successful agronomy career to the next level in the seed industry.
• Grow your seed industry experience without the pressure of sales.
What you will be doing:
• Coach partnered seed growers throughout central Wisconsin.
• Oversee planting operations in the central sands region.
• Scout and oversee seed production fields through the growing season.
• Establish pest management strategies.
• Assist with the scheduling of detasseling crews and harvest crews.
• Analyze quality on the produced, hybrid, seed corn.
A successful candidate for this Seed Production Associate will possess the following:
• The candidate will need a background in agriculture.
• You must possess basic computer skills.
• Excellent communications skills and a positive attitude are a must.
• The successful candidate will be attentive to detail and accuracy.
• You must be wiling to work in a team environment and be willing to assist others.
Compensation: Annual compensation for this role will be in the $50,000-$60,000 range based on experience.
Benefits: Full health benefits and 401k are included with this position.
Desired Location: The Seed Production Associate role is based in the Madison, WI area.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Seed Production Associate job.