Seed Division Lead
Ag 1 Source is looking for a seed leader to lead the growth and profitability of this expanding retail organization in Northern Illinois. This is a well-recognized and profitable retail agronomy organization that is making significant investments in people and assets to take the sales of this company to the next level. A key component to their growth is seed, and they are therefore seeking an individual who has the experience, drive, and ability to continue the growth of their seed portfolio.
What's in it for you:
• Ability to step your career into a leadership position with this unique opportunity.
• You can join an already successful team.
• Grow your career in a very successful and stable environment that is rare in today"s seed business.
What you will be doing:
• Lead the seed business for the entire organization.
• Develop, maintain, and oversee all seed-related vendor relationships and partnerships for the company.
• Be responsible for developing the marketing, pricing, and inventory strategies for the organization.
• Grow sales through on-the-farm sales and key account management.
• Work with location managers and sales agronomists to grow sales at each of the locations.
• Manage the P&L for the seed division.
• Develop tools and programs to enable the success of the sales team.
• Have the opportunity to lead grower meetings, work with key customers, and be the seed expert for the organization.
A successful candidate for this Seed Division Lead will possess the following:
• Successful seed sales experiences.
• An strong understanding of all seed products in the area.
• A good understanding of the overall seed marketplace, and opportunities in the region.
• Desire to coach other seed sellers to success.
Compensation and Benefits: This organization provides an excellent compensation package that includes competitive salary, annual bonus, health and retirement benefits.
Desired Location: The role is based in Northern Illinois.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Seed Division Lead job.