Southeast Application Product Specialist
Ag 1 Source is looking for an Application Product Specialist to support the sales and growth of an exciting new organization who is changing the way we think about the application of herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides. This role is for someone who has knowledge of the application and use of these products for the high value crops of the Southeast. This role will work hand-in-hand with sales and distribution partners to cultivate long-term relationships with the growers and end users of this technology. The Application Product Specialist will also work with universities and other third-party researchers to evaluate this technology to further promote and show it"s return on investment to the growers and equipment owners.
What's in it for you:
• Work with a quickly growing organization to promote and provide support to the customers across the Southeast.
• Ability to work remote from your home office and travel throughout the region.
• Have the opportunity to grow your career options within the organization as as they grow their presence here in the U.S.
• Work with a well established distribution partner to support their sales, grow the customer relationships to the next level, and become their trusted advisor.
What you will be doing:
• Working with the sales team of the primary distributor customers to support the product and troubleshoot/train everyone on the technology.
• Be the face of the company to the growers/end users and become their trusted advisor.
• Help provide sales support in ride-alongs with the distributor sales team as well as be an extension of their technical support.
• Work with growers/end users, as well as universities and third-party researchers in the area, to put out and evaluate trials.
A successful candidate for this Southeast Sprayer Application Specialist will possess the following:
• Have a strong understanding of ag chemical, insecticide, fungicide and other sprayer application methods.
• Have a strong inner drive. Must be self motivated to get up and get the job done with little supervision.
• 2 + years of experience working with sprayer applications in some form or fashion, whether that be an on farm application manager, to a dispatcher at ag retail, to perhaps even an applicator who strives to do more with their career, a crop consultant, etc.
• A CCA or the desire to go through the process of obtaining one would be preferred.
• The ability to really relate to the customers and provide superior customer service. We need someone who the customers know cares about their best interest.
• Solid agronomic base of crops in the southeast, specifically experience working with higher value crops.
• We need someone who is more agronomic in knowledge of spraying/rates and experience than technical in sprayer equipment.
Compensation: Compensation for this role will depend on experience, but the employer would like to target an initial base pay in the $50k-$65k range.
Benefits: This position includes full benefits including a matching 401K and a company vehicle.
Desired Location: The Application Product Specialist will be responsible for South Carolina, Georgia and Florida with a high emphasis on Florida and South Georgia. Either of those would be suitable, but Plant City, FL would be the most ideal location.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Application Product Specialist job.