Ag 1 Source is looking for a Sales Director to lead an expanding sales team that will have emphasis on the Corn Belt but cover the Central and Eastern U.S. crop inputs markets. This role is responsible for hiring and leading a team that will grow sales by helping retail agronomy organizations, crop consultants, farm managers, and growers learn how an improved soil microbiome will enhance plant vigor and yield under stressed conditions, and help growers transition to regenerative practices.
What's in it for you:
• The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding, U.S. based, biologicals manufacturer as they are establishing in the market.
• Be part of an exciting and sustainable sector of crop inputs that is continuing to grow in demand and opportunity.
• The ability to build a high performing team that will bring a proven product, with impressive returns to the grower, into the region.
• A organization that will have considerable career growth and advancement opportunities in sales management, marketing, product management, and technical agronomy.
• Use your experience, along with a wide variety of creativity and latitude to establish your plans and accomplish your goals.
• The ability to travel and work from a home-based office.
What you will be doing:
• Hiring additional representatives, and leading an existing team of representatives that covers key markets in the central and eastern U.S.
• Identify and develop product channels to achieve sales revenue goals.
• Work with your team to cultivate relationships with key retail organizations to enable product sales.
• Work with your team to establish and implement sales strategies for each market .
• Work directly with internal technical resources in the development of products, product testing, data translation, and collateral materials to align product offerings and sales goals.
• Provide reliable estimates and forecasts of future sales for company projections.
• Solicit, evaluate, and advocate for customer product and feature requests to improve offerings
A successful candidate for this Regional Sales Director role will possess the following:
• Bachelor"s degree or above in an agriculture related field.
• 15 years working experience in ag sales, marketing, and business development in specialty crops or row crops.
• At least 5 years of sales leadership experience
• Hold strong crop specific knowledge in corn and soybeans, as well as familiarity with the market. Agronomic knowledge of other crops grown in the region would be an asset.
• Excellent relationship management experience with retail organizations
• A history of working seamlessly with marketing, manufacturing, finance, and other counterparts to establish and implement strategies and initiatives.
• Successful track record of creating marketing strategies and programs to generate success for retail customers.
Compensation: The salary range for this role will depend on the candidate"s qualifications with a maximum base salary of $165,000 in addition to a bonus plan that can earn an additional 30%.
Benefits: The company offers a very competitive benefits plan.
Desired Location: The ideal location for this Sales Director role is ideally in Iowa or Illinois to minimize travel, but candidates can be based anywhere in the Corn Belt.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Sales Director job.