Ag 1 Source is working with a global powerhouse in the seed industry in efforts to add a talented Research Assistant to their team in Florida. This organization doesnt have much turnover and wants to have individuals to grow their career with them. This isnt a dead-end type role, career pathing is important to them.
This is a great opportunity to be a Research Assistant for someone coming out of college with a Bachelors degree who is passionate about helping create better plants to continue to feed the world.
Whats in it for you:
• Working for a company who really focuses on bringing a better product to their customer, not just a bottom-line decision.
• The ability to work for a very close-knit team who all work together to get the job done.
• The opportunity to work both outside in field and greenhouse environments, but also spend some time in the lab/office compiling data and results of your findings.
• Working for a solid company as a research assistant who provides a competitive compensation and extensive benefit package.
What you will be doing:
• This role will specifically focus on Pathology research, so routine pathology test, work to develop new protocols, establish and maintain the pathogen collection.
• Work with the entire breeding program in developing varieties with disease resistance.
• Assist in monitoring and identification of diseases in the plots/trials.
• Support in other areas when needed
• Collection of data and samples and creating reports and logs
A successful candidate will possess the following:
• A Bachelors degree or a minimum of 3 years of research experience if no degree
• Prior experience in a research role/environment, preferably in pathology, but other areas would be considered
• Experience working in both the lab and field conditions
• Strong communication skills, this is a very collaborative working environment, must be able to communicate well with the team
• Strong knowledge in growing plants
• Solid computer skills as well as adept at learning various technologies
Compensation: Compensation will depend on experience but they are targeting $22/hour, roughly $45K per year based on a 40-hour week. Overtime is approved for this role, but would only be needed occasionally.
Benefits: A solid benefit package will be available for this role including health insurance, dental, vision, 401K match, paid holidays, profit sharing, supplemental insurance, etc. Relocation reimbursement is NOT currently offered for this role.
Desired Location: This role will be based in South Western Florida. More detail on the specific location will be discussed individually.
Ag 1 Source has been focused on Executive Level Agriculture recruiting since 2002, our network runs deep. If this role isn"t quite the right fit for you, but, are still open in exploring career growth, feel free to do so HERE. Or, if you know someone who may be interested in this role, please reach out HERE. We provide up to a $500 referral bonus for individuals that are referred and we place.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the Research Assistant job.